We have arrived!
The first week has been such an experience for us. We directly moved into our lovely new 2 bedroom apartment in an absolutely wonderful area. Two blocks from the subway, buses, loads of shops, cafes, coffee houses and an amazing PARK! The weather has been sunny and a little breezy daily but not too much that I haven't been out running in Kelvingrove Park a few times. Brent is getting adjusted to his new schedule at school which, last week wasn't much of a schedule but was more introductions. He is hoping to really sink his teeth into things this week.
As for me, I had a promising job interview on Wednesday and am headed to London on Monday to see friends, celebrate my 33rd birthday (Wednesday) and head to a digital marketing conference. We celebrated our 1st anniversary by taking a wonderful trip up North to the Scottish Highlands which was beautiful, rural and mountainous. We also have had a local guide, friend of a friend, taking us around town which has been really lovely.
Last but not least, this week marks my 20th week of pregnancy (officially the 1/2 way point). I have already met with my local doctor (which was simple process.. by the way - liking the NHS so far). We had a chat about my prenatal care thus far, an examination and she then gave me the choice of which hospital to register to give birth - as there are two in this area. From here, I wait to receive information on parenting classes, a hospital tour and an examination. So far so good. Baby is dancing around quite a bit; especially early in the mornings. We can more hear it than I can feel it - which sounds like kicking a kickball - an empty 'pop' sound.
I PROMISE to post photos as soon as I can. The evenings are such an exhausting time but we have loads to show you all.
Tomorrow off to Edinburgh to meet some friends in town from London and a few museums.