I visited Southern General Birthing Hospital yesterday.
The campus is sprawling.. old buildings next to new buildings and a lot of current construction going on however... one of the new buildings is the Maternity building (below). Hurray!
I visited with a midwife who gave me LOADS of information on parenting classes, books on pregnancy, coupons, all sorts of goodies. I had some blood drawn, a scan (baby's face is now really developed - a real little person!), filled out paperwork and visited with a doctor. Everyone was very friendly.
Although I am giving birth at Southern General (a 15 minute drive from our place), I can take parenting classes and have my next checkup at the Western Infirmary - which is located just on the other side of the park from us.
My next checkup is in 4 weeks and I think the parenting classes (starting in January) will really give me a chance to meet some new mums like me (as this neighborhood is baby central in Glasgow.) That's about all for this week. Brent and I saw the town last night. If you haven't seen it.. HIGHLY recommended. Not only is my good friend from high school's husband in a leading role (he's "the driver"), there is a scene with my actual high school in it (as well as the final scene takes place in the McDonalds parking lot where we would all hang out after school).
Very cool!
xo

