Sunday, November 28, 2010

SNOW!

This is exciting! Although we have no clue how to understand the weather reports for Scotland (as they report the weather for the whole country) - we heard rumblings that there was snow. I wasn't worried because the reports were for snow in the east of Scotland and northern England.  Earliest snowfall in 17 years.. more here. However, Friday night.. volia! Snow dumping down from the rooftops. 
We went for a walk to enjoy the snow yesterday and had a leisuriely pub lunch.
We then came across this character below (apologies for the technical difficulties as I realize I cannot edit this video clip) - it's still funny.

and.. we woke up Sunday morning to more snow! 
It is a strange culture here.  No one owns shovels, cars do not have snow tires (which puts the city at a standstill).. a lot of simple transportation delays (buses and trains).. everyone just sits in, relaxes and waits for the snow to stop.. kind of nice actually?

Can you see in the photo from our windowthat it is still snowing?