Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Spain!

Ruby and I recently returned from a full adventure. We went to Spain! I am lucky enough to have been to Spain numerous times. I have visited (some more than once) Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia, Ibiza, Toledo and Cuenca and my Spanish is ok so, I felt confident to take this trip with Ruby to visit some friends.
Here are some highlights from our trip.

Ruby ready for takeoff (our flight was at 7am) - super early! but, everything was super smooth.
We landed! Hola!

1st day in Barcelona. We stayed a 5 min walk from Gaudi's La Sacrada de Famalia. I first visited this masterpiece in 1997 and with numerous visits since then... it changes every time. Including the build of a playground! Perfect for Ruby.
Our main reason for visiting Barcelona is to see my wonderful friend Kika. We met in London and she lives there now. Here we are at a contemporary art center after lunch off of Las Ramblas.
The following day, we hopped on a train for about 2 hours to get to Girona. An amazing city with winding streets and beautiful back alleys covered in flowers to get lost in.
Pottery in Girona.
Streets of Girona... didn't climb these steps.. but, I thought about it!
Even managed time for some ice cream.. YUM.
More to come in my next post... :-)