Sunday, August 19, 2012

BERLIN! We're here...

We're here... more to come.. but all I can say is Berlin is vibrant, alive and a total mix of old and new.. We've been here before.. but this time, we're diving in deeper to this amazing city. Berlin reminds me of what NYC might have been in the late 70's / 80's - lots to discover around every corner... something for everyone.. PLUS affordability to live close to or inside the city center. ps: Berlin is so much bigger than I remember it.. 2 subway stops = a 40 minute walk! I have my walking shoes on.

Here we are ready for takeoff on the orange covered EasyJet. The best part, there is no seating assignment, 3 seats across, no one wants to sit with a baby so we had a row to ourselves... I have many more words to say about leaving Scotland but, that's for another time.
 Our first day walking the wall...
I have more but it's another beautiful day in Berlin and it's time to get outside.
Auf wiedersehen!
We've also been doing our best to learn German.. this is a start...