My parents are headed to the airport in Boston as I write this.. thank goodness the snow has stopped for at least 24 hours for their plane to arrive. Strangely enough, Glasgow has been winter warm (around 43 degrees) and sunny - weird, right? I absolutely LOVE technology flight tracking as I just checked that the plane they are taking is almost in Boston which will hopefully guarantee a timely take off. Mom and Dad 'MacKenzie' are renting a lovely apartment about 4 blocks away from us for a whole month! I had the opportunity to check it out and I am happy to say it is modern, on the ground floor with a little outdoor area and overall very nice! We are already scheduled for a tour of Brent's famous Glasgow School of Art on Saturday morning. I also hope to hit up Jamie Oliver's new restaurant in Glasgow (been waiting for them to visit for this one). Otherwise, there are tours from the City to St. Andrews, the Highlands, Castles .. and all sorts of neat other things. I also think my Dad would really enjoy the Museum of Scotland in Edinburgh so, I anticipate a day trip for them as well.
As for me, I finished up work this week. I know it sounds bizarre but, after not working for 3 months, it was wonderful to be occupied this past month and meet new people. Who knows what the future holds but, I hope to keep that up. Brent has been spending most days at the studio but, we have managed to head together to go swimming twice a week together for the past few weeks. This has been really nice as the swimming pool has a sauna and whirlpool that he really enjoys (unfortunately, I cannot - oh well).
I had a midwife appointment today and I am happy to say that the wee one is on her way down the birth canal. I know everyone is different but, I went from people saying my bump was 'small' to now saying that the baby will be late because I am carrying too high. The midwife told me to forget all of that because you cannot tell the baby's position just by looking at someone and I was really happy to hear that she is working in there to 'hopefully' be right on time.
No photos for today as I just ordered a new digital camera - which ofcourse is late because of problems with the Royal Mail (typical) but, I will leave you with another of Brent's choices of his favorite preggy pics. This one is of a preggy Jerry Hall - however, we heard it was just sold at Sotherby's as she wanted to erase memories of Mick. Regardless, it's a great painting. :-)
