Sunday, July 24, 2011

I think about you in the summertime

Happy 5 month birthday Ruby!
What a summer! Brent, Ruby and I have been jogging in the mornings. The weather is so warm and (as we would say in the Northeast) springlike.. but, it is a Scottish summer. Hardly any rain at all - every day is a lovely day filled with puffy clouds. *(note - check out Ruby in her big girl stroller) - I still have her in the carrycot when I go jogging but we are testing the waters of her bigger stroller.
Yesterday we attended the Merchant City (a section of Glasgow) Street Fair - loads of artist activities, street fair food (ostrich burgers?) and sweets (loads of people selling fudge).  Check out this performance artist as he took some participants on a historic pub tour.
Today we celebrated summer by a walk in the park - everyone was out!
In the park, there are always LOADS of colorful flowers... I came across a new variety today.. anyone know?
I enjoyed a salad at my favorite park cafe - the yellow is a cupcake for Ruby's Saturday weekly birthday.
Then we simply chilled out in the grass under a tree for a couple hours. We bought Ruby a bunch of new toys this weekend - and some cute shoes - at the baby booty sale. bliss.